1. My cat was cut in two...why?Sorry about that. Croppola's algorithms look at various aspects of the image that include, lighting, colors, sharpness, etc., but the algorithms are not smart enough (not just yet) to tell if your pet is in the photo. We are always working on improving the algorithms, and we hope that in the future such shortcomings will be overcome.
2. I am a professional photographer. Why doesn't Croppola crop photos like I would?Image composition is highly subjective. Even two professionals may not agree on the same crop for a photo. Croppola may not be able to please you every time, but it is indeed trying to please you most of the time.
3. Why is Croppola so slow?The slowest part of Croppola is photo upload. If you have a slow network, it takes time for your photos to reach our servers and then be sent back. The algorithms are very very fast, we have worked hard on making them so, we assure you. You may try sending smaller sized photos?
4. I am using Opera and Croppola does not work. Why?Hmm...at the moment Croppola has been tested to work only on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. In the future we will make sure Croppola works on all the prominent browsers.
5. Who holds the rights to the photos I upload to your server ?You do! You retain full ownership to your stuff.
6. Do you store the uploaded photos in your server?Every half hour we flush out the image files (both the original & the crops) and the generated zip files that are older (by upload time) than 30 min.
7. Why does Croppola hang time to time?Please let us know how that happened, we will make sure the problem is fixed as soon as possible.
8. Who clicked the background image in your site ?The photo was captured by flickr user "heanster" who was kind enough to release the photo in a creative commons (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) license. The flickr version of the photo appears at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rheaney/4487519028/